Booking Terms and Conditions
- Booking Procedures:
- 1.1 A PROVISIONAL booking will be held for a period of 14 days from the date it is made.
- 1.2 Thereafter, you will need to fill in the Booking Form and send a 25% non-refundable deposit in order to CONFIRM your reservation. If payment has not been received we reserve the right to cancel this reservation and our cancellation policy will apply.
- 1.3 The balance of payment must be received by The Booking Company 60 days prior to the start of travel date.
- 1.4 Upon receipt of the balance of payment, you will receive your vouchers, itinerary and additional information as confirmation of your reservation.
- 1.5 Extras must be settled on check-out by guests.
- 1.6 Any and all charges incurred in making payment to The Booking Company shall be borne by the client, irrespective of mode or form of payment made.
- 1.7 The onus is on the client to ensure payment is affected and to confirm payment details directly to The Booking Company.
Our cancellation policy is guided by those imposed upon us by the Lodge Operators, and is the scale of charges expressed as a percentage of the tour cost quoted. Cancellations are only effective on receipt of written notification and are applied as follows:
- 2.1 Should a cancellation be received once a confirmed status is held, 25% of the contracted rate will be charged per non refundable deposit.
- 2.2 Should a cancellation be received between 60 and 30 days prior to due arrival date 50% of the contracted rate will be charged.
- 2.3 Should a cancellation be received between 30 and 0 days prior to due arrival date 100% of the contracted rate will be charged.
- 2.4 Cancellations and Confirmations must be in writing by all parties concerned.
- 2.5 Please Note: Should the clients fail to arrive on the due arrival date, start their trip after due departure date or leave before the trips completion, no refund will be made.
- We will do our utmost to keep to the costs quoted, however should increases be imposed by third parties outside of our control, such as, inter alia, airline surcharges, Government duties, exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to surcharge the quote without notice.
- Travel Insurance:
It is the sole responsibility of the client to ensure that they carry comprehensive Travel and Medical Insurance including Medical Evacuation Insurance. Cover should include any dependants/traveling companions and be for the duration of their trip to Southern Africa. The Policy should cover at the minimum: cancellation and curtailment of the safari, emergency evacuation expenses, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, damage/theft/loss of personal baggage, money and goods. Clients will be charged directly by the relevant service providers for any emergency services they may require.
Neither The Booking Company (the Company) nor any person or agent acting for, through or on behalf of the Company shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from any cause whatsoever and, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, shall specifically not be responsible for loss or damage arising from any errors or omissions contained in its website, brochure or other literature, loss or damage caused by delays, sickness, theft, injury or death. In addition, the Company shall have the right at any time at its discretion to cancel any safari or the remainder thereof or make any alteration in route, accommodation, price or other details. In the event of any safari being rendered impossible, illegal or inadvisable by weather, strike, war, government or interference or any other cause whatsoever, the extra expenses incurred as a result thereof shall be the responsibility of the passenger. The Company may at its discretion and without liability or cost to itself at any time cancel or terminate the guest’s booking and in particular without limiting the generality of the foregoing it shall be entitled to do so in the event of the illness or the illegal or incompatible behavior of the guest, who shall in such circumstances not be entitled to any refund. The person making any booking will, by the making of such booking, warrant that he or she has authority to enter into a contract on behalf of the other person/s included in such a booking and in the event of the failure of any or all of the other persons so included to make payment, the person making the booking shall by his/her signature thereof assume personal liability for the total price of the all bookings made by him/her.
Whilst the Company endeavors to ensure that all anticipated accommodation is available as planned, there shall be no claim of any nature whatsoever against the Company for a refund either in the whole or part, if any accommodation or excursion is unavailable and a reasonable alternative is not found. If the guest is unable to use any service provided in the itinerary, then there are no refunds due.
- Airlines Clause:
The airlines concerned are not to be held liable for any act, omission or event during the time the passengers are not on board their planes or conveyance. The passengers’ tickets in use by the airline or by other carriers concerned when issued, shall constitute the sole contract between the airlines and passenger/s. Please note that we subcontract the flying services to independent charter operations.
For safety and space limitations in light aircraft, baggage in charter aircraft is restricted to a maximum of 20kg per person in soft bags. This includes camera equipment and hand baggage. Should clients arrive with excess baggage without prior warning, their baggage could be delayed as it may have to be flown into camps at a later stage at considerable extra cost to the client. However, should the client know in advance that the baggage will exceed the limit, an extra seat can be booked on the aircraft, at an additional cost.
We cannot be held liable for any delays or additional costs incurred as a result of airlines not running to schedule, weather or any other matters beyond our control. Please ensure you have sufficient insurance cover to cover delays or cancellation of flights.
- This agreement is made subject to and shall be governed by the laws of the country in which the service takes place. The agent/company making travel arrangements and the reservations office of The Company acts as an agent for the operating companies.
- Age Limits in Camps and Lodges:
Minimum age limit in camps and lodges is between 6 and 12 years old depending on the camp or lodges. If age is misrepresented, the Company reserves the right to terminate the safari without compensation.
The payment of the deposit or any other partial payment for a service booked, constitutes consent by the client/s that all the information supplied by them is correct at the time the booking was made. Upon paying the deposit amount of 25%, guests are giving their full consent to the Standard Booking Terms and Conditions of The Booking Company.
THE BOOKING COMPANY will keep all personal information supplied by the client/s as strictly confidential and no personal information will be made available to third parties, unless the Company is obliged to do so by law or legal process. The Booking Company warrants that it will protect information, including, inter alia, credit card details, e-mail address, and mailing address from unauthorized access and use.